Ajax Control Toolkit - Controls Disabled In ToolBox

Saturday 2 July 2011
I Downloaded Visual Web Express And Ajax Control Toolkit. I Installed The Toolkit As Described HERE. But Nothing Appeared On My Toolbox. Thinking That I Might Have Missed Something, I Tried To Repeat The Process. When I Was Giving The Name During The Tab Creation Step, VWD Responded By Saying That Tab Name "AJAX Toolkit" Already Exists.
I Was Surprised To Know That The Tab Has Been Successfully Created But It Was Not Dislayed. Then By Just Playing Around With Different Options, I Clicked 'Show All'  Option Of Toolbox . Checking This Option Showed Me A Number Of Tabs Which I Haven't Seen Earlier.  Look At Belows Two Pictures.



This Also Showed Me My 'Ajax Toolkit' Tab. But All The Controls In This Tab Disabled. I Had Code View Of A aspx Page Opened On The Screen. Thinking That These Might Get Active On The Design View, I Switched To It. But This Did Not Worked.
Then I Restart VWD And Opened The Website Again. But Still These Are Grayed Out. So I Searched On Net It Gave Me Two Solutions As Given Below:

Solution 1:
  • Restart Visual Web Express. If it does not work,
  • Restart the PC.

Solution 2:

  • Close VWb and any other express product installed running such as Visual C# EE.
  • Open windows explorer and navigate to the 'C:\Documents and Settings\<your user name>\Application Data\Microsoft\VWDExpress\9.0' folder. 
  • You might have to enable 'Show Hidden Files' under the folder options' View tab.
  • Delete any .pdb file, you found in this folder.
  • Start VWD and reinstall.
 But None Of Them Helped Me....
But Finally I Got How To Make Controls Enabled From One Of My Experience Friend. Which Is Described Below.

Solution 3:
  • Open Visual Web Developer And Create A New Website....
  • And Right Click In Solution Explorer And Select "Start Options...."
  • Now It Will Open One Window As Shown Below....

  • Now In Above Window Select Build Option And In Target Framework Make It As .Net Framework 4
  • Its All Done Now Your All Controls Will Become Enabled.

2 comments:

  1. sathish said...:

    Thank you so much...3rd solution is working fine...

Post a Comment